Alternatively, we will also offer this service to clients who have not contracted for a SMSI Security Review and Assessment. For those clients who wish to participate in our Security Management Support Program (SMSP) for at least one year, Security Management Services International, Inc. will perform an initial assessment at a 20% discounted fee.
Effective security programs must have two pervasive missions: the protection of property and the protection of people. The degree that any enterprise has a responsibility to protect property or people from a liability perspective varies from one industry to another. For example, those companies that provide third party warehousing in support of supply chain operations, bare responsibility when product go missing. The same logic applies to freight companies such as rail and trucking operations Businesses the serve the public such as shopping malls, parking structures, hospitals, daycare centers, hotels and schools (public & private) are all expected to maintain dynamic security operations.
Anecdotally, the odds of being sued for an inadequate security program are much higher for schools and those business enterprises such as hospitals, malls and high-rise buildings when there is an absence of in-house security management. However it is understandable that many business enterprises cannot justify the $100k to $200K+ salary that a well-qualified in-house security manger would demand. Our SMSP offers an effective alternative. The SMSI Inc. Security Management Support Program will protect your interests when dealing with those who provide security products and service such as contract security services. Additionally, our SMSP will continually monitor those security vendors by ensuring they live up to their commitments.
Many enterprises may not need a security manager on a daily basis, but a security professional will be needed several times throughout the year. Remember security is a situational discipline, meaning one size does not fit all. Additionally, security is a proactive discipline aimed at deterrence and prevention. This means that security programs are not amenable to universal solutions. Security programs must be promulgated on the basis of need, and that need may not be static. This means that security programs must be nimble by constantly adjusting to emerging changes in the threat environment. It is especially important that security programs achieve a reasonable standard of care for environments such as schools and healthcare facilities because of vulnerability exposure of the clients being served, patients and children. Adverse security events in schools and medical facilities are likely to be played on the six o’clock news nationwide.
SMSI, through its Security Management Support Program (SMSP) program is able to fill this void. This program will be customized to meet the needs of each client we serve. In many cases, a comprehensive security assessment may be required prior to the provision of Security Management Support services. If a security assessment is deemed advisable, SMSI Inc. will perform these services at a preferred rate for those clients who commit to a SMSP Contract.
If your organization presently has and in-house security manager who is light on experience, the SMSP will support that manager until such time he/she can function independently.
Security Management Support Services may include, but are not limited to:
- Security vendor selection & oversight
- Security design and project management
- Security Incident tracking and trend analysis (Remote monitoring & analysis)
- Professional guidance in the selection and application of security systems
- Access management systems
- Video surveillance systems
- The application of CPTED (Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design)
- Natural barrier usage
- Landscape application
- Housekeeping & Maintenance
- Graffiti eradication programs
- Visitor control
- Management of Aggressive Behavior (MOAB®) training.
- Hiring and background checking protocols
- Asset protection programs
- Inventory control audits
- Student, patient, guest & employee safety programs
- Crimecast data & reports
- UCR Reports
- Staff crime prevention strategies
- Police liaison services
- Community relations/crime prevention officer involvement
- Employment Bullying Mitigation
- Sexual deviancy awareness
- Overnight Building security
- Alarm system design and supervision
- Security lighting
- Locking systems
- Surveillance system
- Neighborhood Watch
- Gang sensitivity awareness
- Graffiti awareness
- Workplace Drug detection and prevention
- Staff security awareness training
- Year round security awareness program
- In-persons visits to be determined on a need basis by SMSI security professionals
- Unrestricted Remote Management Support
- Problem solving
- Crisis management support
- Neighborhood outreach
- Four visits per year included in annual contract (Extra visits on per diem basis)
- Reimbursement for reasonable and documented expenses
- Unlimited remote support
- Minimum of one year contract
- Initial retainer
- Monthly billing of balance
- Flat rate billing for visits in excess of four
All SMSI Inc. personnel will be Board Certified Protection Professionals and/or will be former law enforcement veterans. These professionals may also be Spanish bilingual. Remember, the cost of reaction is always three to four times the cost of mitigation.
For information, contact Bill Nesbitt, CPP: email@example.com or call 805-499-3800.